Saturday, March 9, 2013

Croissant Brioche French Bakery and Cafe

Originally Posted August 29, 2012


Today I went to the limits of where I can go without running into time constraints.  I'm out at the Rice Village area at the Croissant Brioche French Bakery and Cafe.  And I am not disappointed.  If this place shows one thing it is that if you build it, they really will come.

I am surprised (but....maybe shouldn't be).  I mean, the name.  Look at the name.  The word CROISSANT is in it.  So immediately expectations (although, guardedly) go up.
 

And the place is busy.  You can tell the place is popular on a regular basis.  They've jammed lots of tables into the dining area and for spill-over there is outside seating.

There is a medium amount of a "roar" as people talk.


The only thing that irritates me is the number of retirees that come here.  I've discussed this before so I won't get into it again.

The flooring is a red tile with patina to give an old world look, I guess.  The glass counter is filled with nice muffins, tarts, carrot cake, etc. The place is decorated nicely with a couple of high shelves lined with many curios, quite a few of them being clay and ceramic chickens.  I guess we're to feel like we're in a country French farm.  Just a guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment