Saturday, March 9, 2013

Inversion Coffee House

Originally posted August 7, 2012


Inversion had turned into one of my favorite places to go to.  They are close to my house and the coffee is great.  Alas, their croissant is only bearable.  So I don't come here as much as I used to.

But the place is very nice.  The decor is artsy.  This theme is not only well done, but changes every so often.  The hanging artwork is removed and new artwork is put up.

When I first started coming here not too long after it opened, the owner hovered over the workers which clearly annoyed them from what I could tell.  Nowadays you don't see her for one reason or another.  The tenseness has disappeared.

One of the complaints I have is how many retirees discover coffee houses in Houston and become regulars.  In principal, I have no problems with this.  But, I guess, since they are older and have lost hearing (or maybe they just don't care), they are louder and I get to listen in to their conversations.  Which...I would rather not.

I had the same problem with McDonalds at breakfast time.  I quit going there due to the large number of retirees who just seemed to hang around chatting.  Which I would normally think is wonderful. What better way to keep in touch?  It's certainly better than being lonely.  But they are just LOUD.
 

Sorry guys.  I'm still trying to wake up. I don't need to have so much noise pushing against my ears.  I need to be eased into the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment