Saturday, April 19, 2014

The death of kimchee?

Who doesn't know what kimchee is?  Sort of the Korean version of sauerkraut, I guess.

But with garlic.  Lots of garlic.  Lots and lots of garlic.

So, when I saw this in the men's bathroom, it sort of reminded me of an alcoholic who had finally admitted he had a problem and needed to do something about it.
If you haven't figured it out, it's a mouthwash dispenser.  See the blue green color in the cup?  That's the mouthwash.

Now, the South Koreans still consume vast quantities of Kimchee, morning, noon and night.  But they aren't stupid.  They know their breath reeks.  But mouthwash only works for a little while, and the garlic breath comes back.  The real cure is to go cold turkey.  And I think they know that.

So, what I see is kimchee slowly over time being consumed less and less and only brought out for special occasions. 


No comments:

Post a Comment