Saturday, March 19, 2016

ZUCCHINI SPAGHETTI WITH PARSLEY, TUNA AND LEMON SPIRALIZER

This turned out to be a nice recipe.  I found it in Yummly, but Yummly is such a mess now, I had to finally find it through Bing.


Zucchini Spaghetti With Parsley, Tuna and Lemon


You use something called a "spiralizer".  The "As Seen On TV" brand is great.  It's what I have and does a fine job.  The recipe says to use a "D" blade, but I have no idea what that is.  So, I used a mixture of the thin and thick spiral.  The Pro unit only costs $20.  I really like the fact it's easy to clean.

I always use more parsley than the recipe calls for.  I hate it when the recipe calls for a couple of tablespoon....but you can't buy just two tablespoons of parsley.  Parsley comes in bunches.  LARGE bunches.
Veggetti® Pro Tabletop Spiral Vegetable Cutter

When cooking the spiralized zucchini, the volume shrinks quite a bit.   We used three medium sized zucchinis for a family of three.  It looks like a lot until you cook it.

I try not to overcook the threads so that it doesn't lose so much rigidity, keeping some of its body.

There was some residual liquid, possibly from the tuna.  I sopped it up with a few paper towels before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment